Setting an Intention


For this challenge we will all do the same meditation.
Om Gan Ganapatye Namaha (Ganesh Mantra)
Try and do the meditation first thing in the morning
Chanting the Mantra will take about 8 minutes - plus a few minutes of silence.


Sunday, November 7, 2010

Welcome

Welcome to the 40 Day Meditation Challenge Blog!  I thought it would be good to create the blog to serve as a Community  during the Meditation Challenge, to share our experiences, inspire and encourage each other.  By connecting to others it will help motivate us to stay committed during the Challenge.
Here are the intended goals:
1)  Choose your favourite meditation and commit to 3 or 11 minutes each day during the Challenge
2)  Stay with the same meditation throughout.
3)  Try to do the meditation at the same time each day which creates a habit.
4)  Journalling after the meditation is helpful, I'll write more about that later.
5)  Challenge begins this Thursday Nov 11 and ends at Winter Solstice!
6)  Don't forget to Post and share your experiences
Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Marie!

    This sounds wonderful. I will definitely participate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I can spare as little as 3 minutes a day and as much as 11 minutes. I think this is a great idea to get me to do something for myself. If I know everyone is doing it with me it gives me the incentive to continue. In our busy days we give to everyone all day long, so this is the time we have just for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I'm going to opt for the 3 mins - if I know me, when I get busy I'll find a way to weasel out of 11 mins. But 3 mins is easy. And the best part of that is that after commiting to it for 40 days it establishes the pattern and THEN I'm going to slowly move on to 11 mins a day. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have been meditating for sometime and I easliy make excuses to miss--one excuse leads to another.I will meditate for 11 min. Chant "I am" out loud , whisper and to self--5 min. Healing meditation: Focus on heart chakra--feel gratitude -mentally repeat "Peace, harmony, laughter, and love"--bring awareness to areas of life that require healing. Keeping awareness in heart ask,"What do I want in my life?". Listen for the answer from the heart. Repeat "I am " chant. Surrender all that to spirit. Sit is silence and stillness for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in too!! I'm a beginner to Meditation and have chosen the breathing meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mediated for 1/2 hr--surprised myself! Enjoyed it. Went to

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Joyous! Let us know how you are doing!

    ReplyDelete