Setting an Intention


For this challenge we will all do the same meditation.
Om Gan Ganapatye Namaha (Ganesh Mantra)
Try and do the meditation first thing in the morning
Chanting the Mantra will take about 8 minutes - plus a few minutes of silence.


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 20 - Overcoming Obstacles

If you haven't checked in this week please do so. Perhaps you're quietly doing your meditation and doing well or maybe you are struggling - we need to hear about that too. Reach out and ask for help. You may have given up - if so I encourage you to start up again especially now as we have others joining us for the next 20 days. Work through your obstacles and find a way. There is a way through every block. At the start of the challenge one of the participants had a few obstacles to overcome - she had recently moved, still not unpacked, and her husband was ill. Here is what she said.
'Yes i am participating in the meditation group with 3 minutes of silence and deep breathing. I am doing it first thing in the morning but at the moment the loft where I do my Yoga warm up is occupied with a live in nurse who is helping my husband so I am trying to improvise without a CD player. Things will improve - meanwhile the silent meditation.'
What are YOUR blocks? Time, Finding Space, Resistance, Mind?

What gives you strength? Your thoughts
What weakens you? Your thoughts
What destroys you? Your thoughts
In reality, thoughts are given to expand you, so you'll realize
'I am All'
Yogi Bhajan

2 comments:

  1. When I first started my meditation, I must admit it was quite challenging for me. Now I look foward to it! The last 4 days something happened where I enjoy doing the meditation, I am more focused/present and feel great after. This challenge has been helpful to keep me going. Thank you Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry, so good you kept going with it. We often go through different phases and Kirtan Kriyais quite challenging, but also rewarding, so that is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete