Setting an Intention


For this challenge we will all do the same meditation.
Om Gan Ganapatye Namaha (Ganesh Mantra)
Try and do the meditation first thing in the morning
Chanting the Mantra will take about 8 minutes - plus a few minutes of silence.


Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 26 - 2 weeks to go!

I've had to modify my Meditation this week as I caught a cold and needed to save my voice for teaching, even then it failed me a bit yesterday.  I was also feeling that this Meditation Challenge wasn't going so well this time as I hadn't heard from some of you and I mentioned this to a friend.  I was telling her that I don't like to send too many emails as everyone is so bombarded these days and I felt technically challenged not being able to offer a more efficient way for everyone to communicate.  So basically feeling sorry for myself!  However I was encouraged when she said that my last email inspired her to start meditating again and I also realized that just by talking about it I felt more connected.  Perhaps this was also showing me that I expect others to share and I wasn't sharing my feelings.  This is not the time to struggle on alone, it is the time to reach out and connect. (So now you are going to get lots of emails from me, ha ha)

6 comments:

  1. Glad to read your posting, Marie. Reading Deepak Chopra on our shadow side. Helps pinpoint situations that trigger anger and judgement. These emotions have been occurring and getting more intense since settling here nearly 2 years ago. Wanted to give time to adjust to a new life style (We RV'd for 1 1/2 years before settling here). Yoga, meditation, lots of walking, keeping busy with volunteering-teaching yoga, foot care etc. to help myself --now it seems time for some support through medication. I need to connect with women of like mind and heart. Hence crashing through my shyness at being so honest and my need to have people like and not judge me. So-- I need to like myself without judgement! The meditation challenge has been helpful -just knowing there are others doing the same thing --would like to hear more from other meditaters!
    I believe this is a deep learning place for me --knowing that is encouraging. The Meditation Challenge has given me a focus. This is a challenging time. So even more now we need to share with one another. We need one another's support, acknowledgement and acceptance. Thanks Marie, for creating that possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Faye. I agree with Faye...thanks to you Marie for making this a possibility to all of us. I have struggled for years with the idea of meditation...I knew how good it was for me, but I had a block and would try and stop through the years. Since connecting with you (Marie), and joining your first(for me) 40-day meditation challenge...I was hooked. I remember thinking before I started...40 days is such a commitment! Now meditation is part of my daily practice as I can feel the benefits. Even on family holidays, I have found the time to meditate (and they support it). Thank so much for making a huge impact on my life Marie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing 15 minutes of meditation around the same time of the night as it's truly quiet enough in the house for me to focus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I am meditating. It makes such a difference in my life. Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I am still meditating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doing well so far. I will be away for the last week of the meditation but will do it where I am going. Thanks for your positive input into our life Marie. With a hug.

    ReplyDelete