Setting an Intention


For this challenge we will all do the same meditation.
Om Gan Ganapatye Namaha (Ganesh Mantra)
Try and do the meditation first thing in the morning
Chanting the Mantra will take about 8 minutes - plus a few minutes of silence.


Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 19 - Knitting as Meditation

I have recently taken up knitting again.  I thought I'd start with a scarf and I bought some yarn that has different textures and tones of red, and one ball makes one scarf so I don't have to worry about joining different colours.  It took me a while to get into the flow of the pattern and I had to concentrate at first.  Just like in Meditation it starts off challenging and as you do more it becomes easier.  Knitting itself is a Meditation as it lets you just be, while managing to co-ordinate the left and right brain.  As you knit each stitch and feel the rhythm and hear the clickity click of the needles,  the repetitive motion  brings you into a meditative state, soothing away your troubles and allowing the mind to break free of it`s usual patterns.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment