Setting an Intention


For this challenge we will all do the same meditation.
Om Gan Ganapatye Namaha (Ganesh Mantra)
Try and do the meditation first thing in the morning
Chanting the Mantra will take about 8 minutes - plus a few minutes of silence.


Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 08 - Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is of course a time of giving thanks, realizing what we are grateful for in our lives and celebrating with friends and family, enjoying the many colourful vegetables available.  I am grateful for the teachings of Yogi Bhajan and all of my teachers past and present.  When I was in Sri Lanka we visited an orphanage of girls between 7 and 19, many of whom were affected by the devastating Tsunami a few years ago.  During the flight over, I had noticed one of my travelling companions had a lot of luggage with her and she mentioned she had paid excess baggage charges and I was thinking to myself 'wow she's taking a lot of clothes for this trip.'
When we arrived at the Orphanage I realized she had one of these suitcases with her and was deeply touched when she opened it up and the entire contents were for the children.  It reminded me again not to judge others and  how my travelling companion in that moment was my teacher, and that we can all be teachers and we can all learn from each other.  After we met with the children and gave them what we had brought, the children sang for us and one of the older girls danced the most beautiful dance.  It was a very emotional experience and as we were leaving we had tears in our eyes.  These children had been through great tragedy and loss but still managed to smile, entertain us with poise and grace and I realized that they were also my teachers, and that we gained much more from visiting these children than the humble gifts we brought. 
Many blessings for a beautiful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment