Setting an Intention


For this challenge we will all do the same meditation.
Om Gan Ganapatye Namaha (Ganesh Mantra)
Try and do the meditation first thing in the morning
Chanting the Mantra will take about 8 minutes - plus a few minutes of silence.


Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 35 - Next Year

Wow, we are getting close now to the end of the challenge! I have been thinking about 2011 and continuing our wonderful group. Faye suggested a get together after the challenge and offered up her apartment, thank you Faye. This has given me another idea as we have meditated by ourselves so why not plan some meditating in different group settings for next year - maybe once a month. Here are a few suggestions and please feel free to add any.
1) Going out to Richmond to the Buddhist Temple and hearing the Monks Chant
2) Visiting the Abby in Mission (you can stay there as a retreat)
3) Walking the Labyrinth at Bowen Island or in the West End, or Surrey
4) Sufi Meditating
5) Aldergrove have a Buddhist retreat centre
6) In the summer going out to Robyn's Lavender Farm for Sunset Meditation
7) Morning Sadhana at Yoga West
8) Yoga and Meditation weekend on one of the Gulf Islands

What ideas do you have?

1 comment:

  1. Have added about 30 min of silence -naming mind business as "thinking"--from UTube of Deepak Chopra--followed by the meditation that I started with. I am enjoying the UTube subjects on the blog--most helpful and interesting. The ideas you suggested, Marie sound wonderful. I would be happy to participate in as many as I can. Like mostly the idea of us getting together to meditate in different settings. I believe this meditation commitment is helping me through a dark time in my life--I am feeling more grounded and peaceful. So I am fortunate that I have that to encourage me to continue during those times when nothing seems to work!

    ReplyDelete