Setting an Intention


For this challenge we will all do the same meditation.
Om Gan Ganapatye Namaha (Ganesh Mantra)
Try and do the meditation first thing in the morning
Chanting the Mantra will take about 8 minutes - plus a few minutes of silence.


Saturday, December 11, 2010

Check In's via Email

From Carmen
Meditation going well. Some days I don'gt get till end of the night however I'm glad I've done it. I always feel better afterwards, calmer, centered, peaceful. As well some times the time is longer than 11 minutes.

From Rhonda
I hit a bit of a wall yesterday with my meditation. For some reason I had trouble relaxing my mind. Up until that day I have been enjoying my mediation very much. So I will keep on going.

From Joyous
Sorry I haven't reported in for awhile but things are hectic this time of year!!! I do enjoy the tips you have on your blog. I recognize the Jack Kornfield quote about meditation being like training a puppy haha, so true!! I am sure Raven has told you that she and I attended a meditation class for 3 consecutive Wednesdays. One thing I first noticed was feeling more calm and also my dreams became more vivid and I seemed to remember more of them than before. Then a few weeks later I felt like I was not progressing and going backwards. However, our meditation teacher told us this was very common and actually meant that you are making progress. I say "One step at a time" and try not to beat myself up on the days I'm having trouble concentrating.

I think I am definitely going to change my time for meditating to early mornings as I find it difficult some nights to do it before bedtime so lately I have been doing it at different times of the day but I agree it's a good idea to try to meditate at or around the same time every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment