Setting an Intention


For this challenge we will all do the same meditation.
Om Gan Ganapatye Namaha (Ganesh Mantra)
Try and do the meditation first thing in the morning
Chanting the Mantra will take about 8 minutes - plus a few minutes of silence.


Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sanctuary in the Garden

Yesterday I was feeling a bit out of sorts.  On Thursday I had gone downtown to teach my Yoga Class and witnessed the many people writing messages of inspiration on the boarded up windows of The Bay, there hadn't been a window spared.  I saw a young boy writing on the concrete with chalk his message of hope and I wanted to reach out and give him a hug.   I continued down Granville Street and saw the many shops with their merchandise spread all over the  floor and the stunned, sad look of the owners and shop attendants.   
So I was still processing all this yesterday and I decided to go out into my garden.  Lately when I have gone out I have thought about all the things I need to do out there, all the weeds that need pulling and I've become overwhelmed.    This time I decided to let all that go and just sit on the steps and look at the beautiful flowers.  I saw quite a few bees, buzzing from flower to flower and became absorbed in watching them and as I sat there I marvelled at the wisdom of nature.  As I processed my thoughts and meditated on the beauty of life buzzing around me I started to feel very grateful that I had this place to just be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment